Friday 11 July 2014

Latest update (Roy)

So apparently we haven't updated this in a while.  There are probably a bunch of reasons for this.  Holly has been pre-occupied in Te Anau, and I've been pre-occupied in Arizona.

We are STILL waiting.  It is very hard on us.  I miss my wife and my little boy so much.  They miss me so much.  They have still not been processed by immigration and therefore are not allowed to enter the USA until that happens.  This is how I ended up going over on my own in the first place.  It seemed fairly sensible at the start, as it would give me a chance to get a few things set up but the problem is that we are in limbo.  Even though it shouldn't happen, there is always a chance that the USA says they won't accept Holly and Levi.  If that happens we're probably looking at legal options, and whether we continue to pursue this dream or not.  So it makes it tough when considering whether to start purchasing things we'll need for our house/apartment, a car, etc.

I could go on and on and on about my views on immigration here, especially with all the drama at the border, but I would probably just bore most people to death.  I will say it is very tough seeing how things are playing out at the southern border, vs legitimate immigration process following citizens such as me who just want to be with their family.  Arizona is a border state, so a lot of the negative stuff that is going on with illegal immigrants is right in our back yard.  Rant over (for now).

Aside from all the frustration and loneliness (probably for Holly too), I have really been enjoying living here.  That's what makes it so tough is knowing that Holly and Levi will love it here and they can't be here right now.  Anyway, as I was saying... 

I recently got to experience my first 4th of July in America.  It was super cool.  My cousin Jenny and her husband Eric and son Nathan (who is A LOT like Levi!) took me to a display and I loved it.  I am impressed and encouraged by the love the average Americans have for this great nation and the pride they have in their country.  It seemed like for one day all politics was set aside and everyone united to shoot off fireworks and celebrate the United States of America.  It made me very proud of my heritage, and thankful that I can say I'm an American.  I took some photo's but they didn't turn out too well.

I also experienced my first Haboob (dust storm).  I got some good photo's and will put some in this blog post.  It was kinda cool, kinda creepy, and quite weird.  But mostly cool.  And I went to my first baseball game!  My team is the Arizona Diamondbacks.  They're not having a good year but that didn't matter the game was super fun and hopefully I get to hit another one up soon.

My job is going well too.  I'm learning a lot, and I'm starting to feel like I'm able to contribute more and more to the team each day.  I work for a company called Caretaker Landscape and Tree Management as a project manager.  They are a great company to work for, and I'm pretty stoked to have landed a job with them. 

It has been very cool getting to know my family here better.  They have been so good to me, and I really appreciate all they've done for me (and Holly and Levi!).  Everyone is super excited to meet my beautiful wife and super cool son.

I've found a great church, Redemption Gateway.  I haven't joined the band, but maybe soon.  I'm enjoying just taking a break at the moment, but at the same time itching to get back into it.  I've mainly held off because of not knowing where things will end up with Holly and Levi's immigration applications.

I guess that's a very brief update of what's been happening the last 3 months since I last posted. 

The latest from USCIS (immigration processing place) is that we will hear within the next month and if not I need to call them again and rattle a few cages.  So we would appreciate prayer for this to go through, and that God would provide everything we need to be reunited in the USA and get a place to live and all that jazz.  Also for prayer for us as a family that we would stay strong and encouraged and in faith that God is working this out.  It has been a discouraging time and as each day goes by it gets harder to keep believing that this is where God wants us. 

To everyone who has been praying, thank you so much.  We really do appreciate the support, and we are doing our best to stay strong in what we believe God wants us to do.

Monday July 14th is Levi's 3rd birthday, that could be a very tough day for us as I won't be there.  I sent over a parcel with a bunch of small gifts which was very fun and Levi was stoked.  But just knowing that we're not together for his big day is tough.
I hope everyone back in New Zealand is staying warm.  The overnight low here tonight is meant to be a cool 30 degress celsius. 

Next update will hopefully be done a lot quicker than this one was!!!

Roy

 Baseball

 Dust storm rolling in


 in the dust storm
 4th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...