Wednesday 16 April 2014

A bit of a Family Reunion

This past weekend, we had somewhat of a family reunion here in AZ. 

My sister Jess (who has been in the USA for 6 months, and was working in Sun Valley, Idaho), my Cousin Travis and his daughter Beyonce came to Arizona for a visit.  Jess starts a new job in Denali National Park (Alaska) in a few weeks time, so in the meantime she is staying in LA.  It's not too far to drive here so Jess, Travis and Beyonce came out for a visit.

I hadn't seen Jess since September (I think) last year, and aside from me she is the coolest one of the Bruce siblings so it was a real treat to see her again.  They got here on Friday evening, and on Saturday we had a good ol' cousins hang out day.  My cousin Alex, and my cousin Jenny and her husband Eric hung out with us for the day and took us up to Cave Creek.  It's a pretty cool old town, has elements of the wild wild west, and has a super good mexican restaurant called El Encanto.  I definitely recommend it if you ever find yourself in or near Phoenix.

A carpark in Cave Creek.  This photo was meant to be of the desert, cactii, wild west, etc...
Our generation - addicted to our phones.  Waiting patiently to get a table at El Encanto
After a bit of a look around, we went back to Scottsdale for some Starbucks and a look around Desert Ridge Marketplace.  I am not a fan of shopping so in my mind we spent far too much time there.  But at least the company was good!

That night, we headed back to San Tan Valley to regroup, without Alex who had to ditch us for the evening, but not before getting a couple of group photos.  Jenny and Eric had to grab some things to drop off at the babysitters (my Aunt and Uncle who were looking after their little man), then we headed out to San Tan Village to catch the new Captain America movie. 

It was a lot of fun, and Travis and Jess were definitely impressed by the vibe here. 

On Sunday, the travellers from California left us to go to the Grand Canyon, then headed back from Flagstaff to LA on Monday.

It was so good seeing them again, but also a hint of sadness that Holly and Levi still aren't able to be here with us.  When they get here, hopefully we can do this weekend all over again! 
Group photo of the cousins.  Jess, Eric, Jenny, Travis, Beyonce, Alex and me

Oh and I got up to look at the blood moon the other night.  It's a shame I didn't get any good photos, but man it looked amazing.

I've been applying like mad for all sorts of jobs, both online and in person.  There seems to be a fair bit of interest in me as soon as they look at my Resume but no job at this point in time.  Maybe my next blog will be about the incredible job I land, who knows?

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you...